At Sennett we will continue with our commitment to academic excellence and skill development (i.e. problem solvers, analytical thinkers, collaborators etc.) for ALL students. This work is based on our equity vision statement:
At Sennett Middle School, we will intentionally commit to disrupting educational inequities by lifting the student sense of belonging and developing meaningful relationships. Students of all races, cultures, and identities will actively learn in a safe school environment with trusted adults, peers, and the community to develop into thriving independent learners.
Our staff will focus on the power statement: "I belong" or "Yo Quento"
- Learning Partnerships (Teachers collaborating with 1-3 students for feedback on how their lessons can be more impactful)
- Collective Efficacy: Commit to greatly improving academic outcomes where we have traditionally come short. For example, African-American students and “Black Excellence”
- This is about focusing on checking and eliminating our biases; identifying student strengths, celebrating academic successes, partnering with families in positive ways, making learning relevant to daily experiences, using data to be better educator practices, etc.
- It is about implementing strategies that increase academic success for NOT only African American students, but All students.
Other changes at Sennett include physical upgrades to our building.
- A brand new Welcome Center and Front Office:
- Ensures a new secured and monitored entrance/front door
- Increases visibility to front door and play area from office
- On our lower level, new floors and revamped girls and boys bathroom
- Cool blue, white, and gray floor gives Sennett themed pattern!
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us. If we can be of assistance to you in any way, we would be glad to help. Go STARS!